Created/Effective: February 1, 2017
Generally, this Policy applies to information we collect:
- As a result of your interaction with HomeTrax, through the website and otherwise;
- Through any applications that we may develop and your interaction with such applications;
- In e-mail, text, and/or other electronic messaging through the website;
- Through any interaction with our advertising partners; and
- Through any interaction with embedded links to external third-party websites (other than advertising partners).
Please note that this Policy does not apply to information HomeTrax collects from third parties that have legally made it available to us. This may include information generated and/or collected by others from both on-line and off-line sources.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT HOMETRAX COLLECTS ABOUT AND FROM YOU
HomeTrax collects several categories of information about its users, some of which is requested by us in order for you to create and maintain a User Account. This includes, but is not limited to, your legal name, your address, your date of birth, email address(es), phone number(s), and gender (“Personal Information”). Other information is collected as you use our site and includes all information, data and documents that you provide to populate your HomeTrax Home Profile. It also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Any posts and messages written by you on our website; any pictures, images and videos that you upload to either your Profile or other public areas of the site (like our blog); and data and information associated with any requested services.
- Any data and/or information you may provide in connection with surveys, contests or other promotions that we administer, either directly or through third-parties.
- Electronic usage details, including searches you conduct on or through our website, connections you make with other HomeTrax users and any corresponding interactions with those users through our website, and if and when you click on advertisements and/or links to third-party sites (see USAGE DETAILS AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES)
- Details of any transactions recorded and/or initiated through our site.
- Records and copies of any correspondence you sent to HomeTrax, electronically or otherwise.
- Any other information that you might provide to third-parties that is otherwise connected, related, or associated with HomeTrax.
Through interaction with our website, we will also collect information that is universally collected, such as IP addresses, traffic data, location data, etc. We may also collect specific information about your browser and type of connection.
Please note, HomeTrax does not guarantee the privacy of any information posted, displayed or published by you in public areas of HomeTrax, such as through our message boards and blogs (collectively, “User Contributions”). Use of these features carries certain risks that your User Contributions may be accessed and used by others in ways not intended by you.
HomeTrax gives you the ability to set privacy settings related to your User Account and Profile. If you choose to connect with other users, you acknowledge and recognize that other users will have access to defined portions of your HomeTrax Home Profile as well as certain necessary Personal Information in order to accomplish same (“Shared Information”). HomeTrax does not warrant or guarantee that such Shared Information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
USAGE DETAILS AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
As noted previously, we automatically collect certain information about your internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We also collect details of your browsing actions and patterns. We collect and use this information so that we can better understand usage patterns of our users (in the aggregate) and to also assess audience size. For individual users, we collect this information to help customize and set your preferences. Using advanced analytics, we can use information that we collect about you to better understand your needs and make predictions as to products and services that may be of interest to you. Finally, information we collect from you is also used to help us recognize you when you return to our website.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
Information that we collect from you may serve many different purposes. Generally, we use such information in the following ways:
- To identify you
- To present our content, your Profile, and any other products and services to you, including those requested by you
- To keep you informed about HomeTrax and your account
- To accomplish any other purpose for which you have provided the information or where you have provided your consent. This includes, but is not limited to, instances where HomeTrax owes an obligation to you as a result of a contract or transaction that calls for our performance.
- To enforce our rights arising from or related to any contract or transaction entered into between HomeTrax and you.
For the avoidance of doubt, whether you agree to connect with other users through our system, the default privacy setting is to allow minimal information regarding your HomeTrax Home Profile to be viewable by other users for the sole purpose to inform them that your home is profiled within our site. This aspect allows for others to send a connection request. You can alter this privacy setting as you choose.
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT WE DISCLOSE TO OTHERS
HomeTrax collects a great deal of information and data from and about its users that allows us to improve our services and to generate revenue. Nonetheless, we appreciate and understand our users’ concerns about their privacy. Generally, our approach and policy on disclosure is divided into two parts: aggregated information (information about all User Accounts and Profiles) and individual information (information about a single User Account and Profile).
With respect to aggregated information, we retain the right to use and disclose your information to others without restriction so long as the information does not specifically identify you.
With respect to individual information, you can control what information is shared, if any, with other users on this site through our Privacy Settings. We may disclose your information to third parties that are current or prospective business partners of HomeTrax. We may also disclose your information to any prospective buyer of our company and to any legal successor of HomeTrax. Disclosure of your information may also occur in the event of a bankruptcy or liquidation proceeding involving HomeTrax or a legal successor, or as the result of any lawsuit, court order, or subpoena involving HomeTrax. Finally, if required, we reserve the right to disclose your information to others in order to enforce our rights pursuant to any contract or transactions between HomeTrax and you.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 16
HomeTrax is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16, except in limited situations as noted below. Except in the limited situations noted below, no one under the age of 16 may provide any information or data to or on HomeTrax, or create a User Account and corresponding Profile. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on our website, do not register or use any features on our website, and do not provide any Personal Information, including name, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es) or any other information that may identify you. In the event we become aware that we have collected or received Personal Information from an individual under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our databases.
The following are the only exceptions for when an individual under the age of 16 may use HomeTrax in any way:
- If lawfully employed by a person, including a corporation, partnership, or a sole proprietorship, who owns rental or vacation property that is profiled on the site.
- If the individual holds title to property, whether directly or indirectly through custodial or trust accounts, that would otherwise be appropriate to be profiled on our site.
In order to satisfy the foregoing conditions for exception, HomeTrax may require additional documentation for verification purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS
HomeTrax utilizes security software, safeguards and protocols to protect our databases and your information from unauthorized access and inadvertent disclosure. We are committed to and constantly will evaluate and update our security software, safeguards and protocols to mitigate the chances of a security breach. Of course, it is equally important for you to remain vigilant and choose a strong User Account password and update it periodically. You should not share your password with others and you strive to keep it confidential. In addition, you should ensure that the computer and/or device that you use to access our website has appropriate software and security protections to prevent your transmissions of information from being accessible or viewable by others. You should also be cautious if using a non-private (or open) internet or wi-fi connection.
Though HomeTrax will remain vigilant with respect to the security of your information, we can not guarantee the privacy and protection of your information and will not be responsible for any accidental loss or disclosure of information as the result of any unauthorized access.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
HomeTrax Solutions Inc
PO Box 1154
West Dundee, IL 60118